If you have updated your iOS to version 16 and are experiencing FaceTime lagging and freezing issues, you’re not alone. Many users have reported facing this problem after updating their iPhone to the latest iOS. However, there’s no need to worry because, in this guide pratique, we will look at several solutions to fix the problem and get your FaceTime up and running smoothly again.
Pre-checks to Fix FaceTime
Before diving into the solutions to fix FaceTime on your iOS 16, try some pre-checks, such as:
- Ensure your network is available with a strong signal
- Make sure your FaceTime is on
- Allow FaceTime to use data both in WLAN and mobile data
If any of these pre-checks are incorrect, solve them first as they may be the cause of your FaceTime lagging or freezing issues.
Force Restart or Reset All Settings
If the pre-checks above don’t solve the problem, try force restarting your iPhone or resetting all settings. To force restart, press the Volume Up button, press the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. To reset all settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Use ReiBoot Software to Repair iPhone
If the issues persist, it’s time to use software to fix them, and ReiBoot is an ideal choice. ReiBoot is a software that repairs phones in standard mode without losing any content. Here’s how to use ReiBoot:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch ReiBoot software
- Click on ‘Start’ to begin the process
- Select ‘Standard Repair’ and wait until the process is complete
Check your FaceTime after the process is complete to see if the problem has been solved.
Downgrading Your iOS Version to 15.7
If none of the above solutions work, the final option is to downgrade your iOS version to 15.7. This process requires you to backup your iPhone with iTunes first as it will erase all your data during the process. Here are the steps to downgrade your iOS version:
- Back up your iPhone with iTunes before downgrading
- Download a suitable 15.7 iOS firmware and connect your iPhone to your computer
- Launch iTunes and click the iPhone icon
- Hold down the Option key on your keyboard (or Shift for Windows) and click ‘Update’
- Select the downloaded 15.7 firmware file and wait for the process to complete
After downgrading to iOS 15.7, check if your FaceTime is working smoothly. If so, your problem is solved. However, if FaceTime issues persist, it may be necessary to contact Apple support for further assistance.
In conclusion, while updating your iOS version is recommended, it can also lead to issues such as FaceTime lagging and freezing. However, with the solutions mentioned in this guide pratique, you can quickly fix the problem and enjoy using FaceTime on your iPhone again. Remember to try the basic pre-checks, force restart, reset all settings and use ReiBoot software before downgrading your iOS version. Here’s to a smooth and uninterrupted FaceTime experience on your iPhone!